Jun 15, 2015
Volatility Review: Greek vol not amounting to much. Setbacks in
Greek debt talks on Friday bringing a little vol back to the
marketplace. Traders aggressively hitting volatility going into the
- VIX Cash: High of 15.74 on June 9. VIX trending lower
throughout the week finally breaking the 13 handle on
- VIX Options: Call love - a heavy volume week, averaging 500k
contracts. A massive day on Wednesday - nearly 1.6M.
- Our 1X2 friend is back!
- Total 8.13m (6.48m Calls, 1.65m Puts)
- VIX Up/Down: Nascent VIX Up/Down ETF Could Face Hedging
Volatility Voicemail: Listener questions and comments
- Question from Nixy - Just found this hose on iTunes and liked
the discussion about the new VIX ETPs. I am curious what you think
of the CVol ETF product? Worth my time or more volatility
- Comment from Abstergo_US - Great discussion
on VXX leap puts. After listening to your program, I pulled up the
VXX options chain and pulled the trigger on the Jan 2017 12 puts
for around $2 in my IRA. Fast forward a few weeks and these puts
are already up well over 10%. Thanks again for the great tip. Seems
like everyone should be loading up on these things.
Crystal Ball: Reckless prognostication.