Feb 22, 2016
Volatility Review: VIX. Contago has returned - VIX out of the
red zone. CBOE Russel Study - Analyzing Russell 2000 Index
options-based benchmark indexes designed to provide enhanced yields
and risk-adjusted returns.
- VIX Options: A strong start to the week after the holiday.
Total 4.95m (3.39m Calls, 1.57m Puts)
- Crude Oil: Recent rumors of supply action driving crude.
Volatility remains on low end of recent elevated range. OIV/OVX -
- Gold: GVZ 25.67 - Extremely elevated. Gold rallying hard in
Volatility Voicemail: Listener questions and comments
- Option Insider Question of the Week: How Many U.S. Options
Exchanges Do We Need?
5% - 14 is perfect!
30% - The more the merrier.
60% - Make it stop!
5% - Other
- Question from George K. - What typically happens to volatility
around a presidential election?
Crystal Ball: The celebrations for Chinese New Year are over.
Back to work!
Where will VIX be next week?
- Sebastian: 26 on Thursday, 24.5 on Friday.
- Russell: Low 19s
- Mark: 21.50-22
Who will win? Tune in next week to see