Mar 21, 2016
Volatility Review: Everyone goes to Boca and volatility falls
out of bed. Vol of vol coming in as well, VVIX: 84.
Russells Weekly Rundown:
- VIX Options: A fairly strong volume week.
- Thurs: 909k, Weds: 675k, Tues: 704k, Mon: 573k, Total 5.30m
(4.02m calls, 1.28m puts)
- Crude Oil: OIV/OVX - 46, about 49 today, almost touched 80 back
in mid-February, multi-year high.
- Gold: GVZ 18 - well off recent highs. GVZ - peaked around 28
back in mid-February - last hit these levels in June 2013 - so
nearly 3-year high.
Volatility Voicemail: Listener questions and comments
- Question from George K. - What is the thought process regarding
the new SPYIX and hedging? Can you hedge it with VIX Futures?
- Question from BJLane - VIX vs. RVX - Which performs better for
call verticals? Which pops better when it hits the fan?
- Question from Jacro - Why no volume in RVX?
Crystal Ball: VIX Predictions:
- Russell - 15.5/8
- Mark S. - 14.25
- Mark L. - 15