Dec 11, 2017
Volatility Review: This week we are featuring guest co-host Bill
Valentine of Valentine Ventures.
- VIX Cash, VVIX - 96, CBOE Skew Index – 131
- VIX Options: ADV - 758k, VIX call/put: 3.6, Total 12.7m (9.95m
Calls, 2.79m Puts)
- Bitcoin launching on 12/10.
- Question from Tortega - Not a vol question, but what's the deal
with the Bitcoin futures and the Gemini index they are based
Volatility Voicemail: Options question of the week
The war for #Bitcoin #Derivatives is heating up again. CME Group
is launching futures on 12/18. CBOE just announced a 12/10 launch
date. Not enough? Nasdaq also announced futures w/ for a planned Q2
2018 launch. With so many choices-How will you trade #Bitcoin in
- 52% - CBOE Futures 12/10
- 27% - CME Futures 12/18
- 3% - Nasdaq Futures Q2 2018
- 18% - "Old School" Bitcoin
Listener questions and comments:
- Comment from Mark Clyde Brant - Who is listing options first?
Probably CBOE! But Chicago is taking control of BTC exactly as Al
Capone took control of booze distribution. He taught the city
- Question from NomNom - I was excited about #bitcoin but
this is giving me pause.
Crystal Ball: Wild and reckless prognostication.
- Mark L. - 10.25
- Mark S. - 11.25
- Russell - 42.5
- Mark L.- 9.75
- Mark S. - 9.15
- Bill - 10.0
- Ghost of Russell - 35