Feb 19, 2018
Volatility Review: VIX Cash is back in the teens. Are VIX
Futures returning to contango? Volatility's awakening spurs a
record long position in VIX Futures.
Kevin's Weekly Rundown:
- VIX Options: ADV - 983k, VIX call/put: 2.3, Total 10.6m (7.30m
Calls, 3.26m Puts)
- The VIX Whale finally gets his payday
- The great inverse volatility ETP debate continues.
Volatility Voicemail: Options question of the week
It's been a rocky week for the markets. People are
understandably scared and confused. That raises the question: Which
product are you most concerned about over the next 30 days? Aka -
which product would you not touch with a 10-foot pole?
- Bitcoin: XBT, BTC, etc.
Listener questions and comments:
- Question from Volbug: Mark and friends, now that SVXY has been
reset or beaten, would another big VIX surge day have the same
impact on it? Thanks.
- Comment from Pete Yarbro - I feel like I have a better
understanding of $VIX, $VX and the volatility ETFs than some very
high profile stock market commentators, and all I do is listen to a
podcast. @Options @OptionPit @OptionVol
- Comment from Dog Shogun - Vol Views rules
- Comment from Olivetrader2 - It's amazing what you can learn
from podcasts. I am not sure I want to tell everybody though
Crystal Ball: Back to wild and reckless prognostication
- Mark L. - 17.55
- Mark S. - 16
- Kevin - 19