Apr 9, 2018
Volatility Review: A look back at the week from a volatility
- Happy 25th Birthday of VIX!
- This week CBOE is launching a month-long celebration of the
25th anniversary of the introduction of the CBOE Volatility Index
(VIX Index), which CBOE began publishing in April 1993.
- VIX cash is back in the teens.
- The market is tanking and rallying on trade war concerns.
- VVIX - 92
Russell's Weekly Rundown
- VIX Options: ADV - 1.05M, VIX call/put - 2.3/1, Total 8.06m
(5.57m Calls, 2.49m Puts)
Volatility Voicemail: Listener questions and comments
- Question from HFL9 -Would you rather see options on bitcoin
futures or more futures listed on more crypto products first?
- Question from Lil Nicker - How do I tell which future a VIX
options trades off of?
- Question from Barry -How do I tell which future my VIX options
are priced from? I've been looking at some calls expiring on April
18th. Thanks for the shows.
- Question from Mark Clyde Brant -Will rising vol persist all
year? VIX above 20, VXX above 40, half the time?
Crystal Ball: Wild and reckless prognostication
- Mark L. - 16.85
- Andrew - 17.76
- Euan - 19.50
- Mark L. - 17.15
- Mark S. - 17.89
- Russell - 19.99