Apr 23, 2018
Volatility Review: A look back at the week from a volatility
- VIX Cash is still hanging around in the teens.
- VVIX - 97, pretty much unchanged from last week.
- VIX Options - ADV: 1.05M, VIX call/put: 2.6/1, Total 6.29m
(4.55m Calls, 1.74m Puts)
- How is the VIX July 10-75 strangle doing?
- VXX - 42.50
- OIV - 26.5, 2.5 points lower than last week.
- GVZ: 12.25, 1.25 points lower than last week.
Volatility Voicemail: Last week's volatility flash poll
Which product/segment do you think will experience the most
Volatility over the coming trading week (through the close on
Friday 2/20) SPY SPX VIX WTI Crude Gold Bitcoin BTC GLD USO
- 28% - S&P500: SPY, SPX. VIX
- 8% - Gold: GLD, Comex
- 28% - Crude Oil: WTI, USO
- 36% - Bitcoin: BTC
Options question of the week
VIX is back in the mid-teens. Are you buying this Volatility
reprieve or is this merely calm before the storm? Quite simply -
Where do you think VIX will end the week?
- Here: 16-18
- Higher: 18-20
- Even Higher: 20-25
- Lower: 14-16
Yet Another Options Flash Poll:
The proposed third exchange from @MIAXexchange will raise the
total number of U.S. Options Exchanges to 16. Is this a good thing
for the options market? Is it the straw that finally breaks the
camel's back? Or are you too busy getting great fills to care?
- More Exchanges the Better
- Please Make It Stop
- Don't Care: I get filled
- Comment from Patrick Snoke -The more the merrier....my fills
Listener questions and comments:
- Question from Scott Somer -Think this product will get enough
- Question from Niddles - VIX settlement WTF?!?
- Question from Allen - What are the VIX mullet guys up to these
Crystal Ball: Wild and reckless prognostication
- Mark L. -17.17
- Mark S. - 15.00
- Mark L. -16.35
- Mark S. - 15
- Mike - 15.85