Jun 11, 2018
Volatility Review: A look back at the week from a volatility
- VIX Cash: 12.21 and as high as 13.30.
- VVIX - 93
- VIX Options - ADV: 535k, VIX call/put: 2.6/1, Total 7.95m
(5.78m Calls, 2.17m Puts)
- The return of the 1x2?
- Plenty of call love yesterday
- Paper sells call June vertical yesterday
Volatility Voicemail: Flash poll!
Let's stick with our Volatility theme to round out the week.
Quite simply - which product do you think has the highest 30-day
implied Volatility? No cheating (or checking with your broker)!
What does your gut tell you? VIX? Bitcoin? TSLA? RUSSELL2000? RUT?
- 34% - Tesla, TSLA
- 21% - VIX
- 35% - Bitcoin
- 10% - Russell 2000: Emini, RUT
Listener questions and comments
- Question from Lisag - I'm confused. Why would someone by such
an outlandish vertical in a product that essentially rots to
- Comment from Kaijan - I would sell that VXX July call spread
all day long. In fact I did! Thx for giving me the idea on your
last show. Keep up the vol fun!
- Question from Deville - Great show. How do I get my volatility
fund profiled on Volatility Views?
- Question from FNews2 - Do you think eliminating the traditional
earning call would be a bad move for vol traders? I kind of take
the view that it would smooth things out and make it a little less
likely to get run over. Crazy?
Crystal Ball: Your prognostication headquarters
- Mark L. -12.95
- Mark S. - 12.50
- Mark L. - 11.85
- Andrew - 11.55