Aug 27, 2018
Volatility Review: A look back at the week from a volatility
- VIX Cash - 12, down one point from last week.
- VVIX - 93, ten handles lower than last week.
- VIX OPTIONS - ADV: 462k, VIX call/put: 3.3/1, Total 6.31m
(4.83m Calls, 1.48m Puts)
- Return of the 1x2?
- VXX - 28.65, one and a half points lower than last week.
- Earnings Volatility: NVDA - ATM straddle: $16.50, approx.
- VIX lawsuit press release - Kessler Topaz chosen as co-lead
counsel overseeing national antitrust case alleging manipulation of
CBOE's Volatility Index
Volatility Voicemail: Options question of the week
We're talking about crypto derivatives at the @BlockchainVoice
Conference. So this week we want to know which crypto product you'd
like to see listed on a major venue next?
- Bitcoin Options
- Ripple Options/Futures
- Ether Options/Futures
- Litecoin Options/Futures
Listener questions and comments
- Comment from Vixologist: VolTwits should listen to
@ScottNations on latest installment of Volatility Views from
@Options https://tinyurl.com/yb9uebww Scott talks about the alt
volatility measures he has developed.
- Comment from Middling Radical: I have his thinkorswim indices
up but confess I find the VIX complex and certain ratios just as
- Comment from FearMerchant: I have them on my screen and I was
tracking a ratio of VIX/VOLI for a while to see when they
diverge/converge. It proved to be of little value.
- Comment from David Lincoln : They have some good people on that
- Comment from FContangotrader: VIX at 12.28 and the market at
ATH says everyone are hedged with puts SPX,VVIX over 100 says lot
of VIX calls buying as a hedge also, market will break to the
- Comment from Nathan L.: All these people buying VIX puts have
me confused. How low can this vol bear trend really get - maybe 9?
So the downside is quite limited. I definitely prefer bull call
spreads in this environment with potentially selling OTM puts as a
Crystal BallL Your prognostication headquarters
- Mark L.: 12.25
- Mark S.: 11.95
- Mark L.: 11.55
- Mark S.: 11.95