Oct 8, 2018
Volatility Review: A look back at the week from a volatility
- Non-farms come in lower than expected
- Unemployment drops to 3.7%, the lowest since 1969
- Bitcoin vol falls to lowest levels this year
- VIX up 4.3 from last week
- VVIX up 19 from last week
- VXX nearly unchanged from last week
Volatility Voicemail: Volatility Flash Poll
What is your weapon of choice when trading volatility? VIX VXX
- SPY/ SPX options
Listener questions and comments:
- Comment from Martin Ryan - TVIX, UVXY, SVXY.I've given you
three good alternatives (one an inverse). There is nothing little
about either TVIX or UVXY - both have good liquidity, tight spreads
and good trading price action. The VIX imploded, but the
aforementioned are doing well as effective alternatives to
- Comment from Ryan - ETF - SQQQ
- Question from Alacor - Like the show. Tried my hand at crystal
ball. Not good. Heard you talk about straddle runs in SPX. Are
there any products that package hedged ATM straddles as a product?
Maybe they offer to delta hedge as well?
- Question from Telly0 - Are there any long VIX vehicles that
don't erode to zero?
- Question from T Dog - Is it better to only take the short
volatility trades and ignore the long volatility trades?
- Question from one0761 - Are we in the midst of a major
Crystal Ball: Wild and reckless prognostication
- Mark L. - 11.75
- Mark S. - 12.15
- Bill - 13
- Mark L. - 12.55
- Andrew - 13.25