Dec 26, 2018
Volatility Review: A look at last week from a volatility
- VIX Cash - 26.5, nearly 4-points higher than last show.
- VVIX - 105, 8-points higher than last show
- Mnuchin Blames Volcker Rule,
High-Speed Trading for Volatility
- VIX Options - ADV: 575k down nearly 20k from last show. Total
5.50m (4.23m Calls, 1.27m Puts)
- VXX - 46, 6.5-points higher than last show.
- SVXY - 43, almost 3 handles lower than last show.
Volatility Voicemail: Options question of the week
Which upcoming volatility product are you most excited about
trading in 2019? Or are you content to stay with the original
despite lingering issues?
- I'll stick with VIX
Comments, questions, and musings:
- Mark Twain on Volatility - "October. This is one of the
peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks. The others are
July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June,
December, August, and February." -Mark Twain
- Comment from Pat Hennessy - There are a total of 6,600 $VIX Dec
puts that will be ITM if the VIX settles above 24. 1.66 million VIX
puts will expire totally worthless. This represents over 64% of all
open VIX puts. Thanks for playing. Better luck next time.
- Question from JLVC - What's the vol crew predicting for
- Question from Sangfrois - Why no options on $TVIX?
Crystal Ball: Wild and reckless prognostication
- Mark L. - 19.25
- Mark S. - 27.25
- Mark L. - 23.45
- Mark S. - 28.85