Oct 15, 2012
Views 66: A Week without Volatility
Volatility Review: The week in vol that never
happened. Yes, it was a very quiet week. NASDAQ and S&P both
dropped off severely since the last week.
Listener Mail: Our listeners drive the bus for a
- Did Don start off as a vol seller or did he have a few losing
long vol trades first that turned him to the dark side? (Via Tweet
- Do you guys subscribe to the notion that the market is fully
hedged with VIX, which is why VIX is underperforming? (Via Tweet
- Does VolX have any plans to launch any realized volatility
products on commodities such as ags, metals, etc.? Thanks and keep
up the great work. (Via Email from Sid K., Des Moines, IA)
- What do you guys think of Apple call verticals here? Does Apple
skew make buying them more attractive going into earnings? (Via
Tweet from @Duncan6)
- Why is NASDAQ historically a more volatile index than the
S&P500? Is it simply because it contains more tech stocks, so
that generates more volatility than large Fortune 100 type stocks?
Also, can you recommend any good products for trading NASDAQ
volatility? Thanks for answering my question and for this
fantastic, one-of-a-kind program. (Via Facebook from Alexander
Crystal Ball: Looking ahead at VIX, NASDAQ, and
S&P. Less than a month away from the general election.